Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where Do I start

Where Do I start






I am not that arrogant and naive to think that you want to know of every waking moment of my life. I try to blog about what ever passionate button I am experiencing that may give some ones soul a high five. While cleansing myself at the same time. A few things have happened that I should have went straight to the computer and got out of my system, but I put it off and so the zeal I may have possessed for whatever subject is now faded. I think I am going to have to start blogging on a daily basis. I realize that if you get sick of me, you will just stop reading.

Today I watched Obama's speech on CNN. He threw his hat in the race for presidency. It brought a tear to my eye. It was a very uplifting speech. He didn't point fingers or throw dirt. He just spoke about the type of president he wanted to be and what we could expect from him and what he expected of us as a nation.

In an interview, a reporter asked him if the country was ready for a Black President. Melting pot my ass. What does that question tell you about America. He was so calm in his response. He said "Yes. If I lose it will only be because I did not present to you effectively what this country needs in its next president." He took the high road. No race card pulling shit. It's funny how a lot people hate the racism topic and want us to just move on and let the whole slavery bump go. Then the question comes "Is the country ready for a Black President?". If that does not scream condition of this nation, I don't know what does.

Colin Powell's wife would not allow him to run for president. She felt that if he won, within a year he would be assassinated. Obama represents America better than anyone else. His mixed heritage tells what America really is and not what it's pretending to be and hold on to. The "Good Ol' Boys". When you think about the representation of this country, those who end up in the White House only truly represent a small portion of America.

I don't want him to win because he is Black. Honestly I was on that kick for a hot second. I have come back to my senses and remembered I don't endorse things because of the color of someones skin. That would very ignorant and uneducated of me. I endorse someone because what ever their product, it is for me and it represents me, my thought pattern or my beliefs.

This man exudes confidence, knowledge, compassion, understanding, fight, and accountability. It's easy to point fingers and blame others for misfortune, lack, misrepresentation, and anything you want to add. To stand tall in spite of all that is someone who represents me and my everyday struggle, working to make my destiny come to pass.

No comments: