This is it. My last semester towards my Associate Degree. Astronomy, History 202, Customer Service and Math. These 4 classes stand between me and this small victory. I received a call the other day, informing me, my math class had been canceled. I was shocked and was almost ready to hyperventilate. What did this mean? I had never experienced such a thing. I was calmed immediately when I was told there were other classes open I could get into.
The celebration for this one of many accomplishments to come, will be short lived. I have to now choose the path of the next journey towards the ultimate journey. Where will I transfer to for my Bachelor's Degree. When I was younger these decisions were novelty now every step and choice is like life or death to me. I don't mean to sound melodramatic but it's true.
At 34, I have taking so many wrong turns in my time and I believe mistakes are great learning tools, but I am ready for more advancement and less reflection. I am not really a college student, no "rah rah sis boom bah", no sorority meetings, no student bodies and affiliations. Degree, that's it. That's the Goal, Degree. To much time to make up for, no time to smell the roses. Work.
Now that I am so close to the promise land of an Associate Degree, I have decided that when I transfer; I want to be more involved and more attached to the experience. What will have to happen to accomplish this is another miracle within itself. I challenged myself to be debt free by September. This will allow me to work part time, therefor giving me the freed time to be present in the experience of earning my degree.
Scary, the discipline that it's going to take makes me want to crawl under the covers and not come out. I am very frightened about this next step of higher learning, but I plan on tackle it the same way I did my Associate degree. Four classes at a time. In an earlier blog, I shared my struggle with realizing exactly what I felt was the path for me as far as a career went.
The idea of being a psychologist is really bringing peace to me. We'll see.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
I can taste the finish line
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment