Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

There are 4 major fields that interest me.

I. Psychology/Sociology

II. Natural Hair Cair/ Putting the best you forward

III. Cooking/Entertaining/Putting a smile on someone's face

IV. Protecting society/shielding children from danger/Putting away criminals/Reform

Some people know exactly what they want out of life, and how to go about making that happen. My earliest memory of what I saw for my future, was always law. I wanted to be a lawyer. My stint on my junior high's debate team, had me on cloud 9. Coming to the aid of others, is a natural response for me.

Life did not allow me to press forward and follow that dream, along the way I have discovered new passions that I hold just as dear.

How do I pick, these are not hobbies I am talking about. These are life long career decisions I am trying to make. I already realize that I can cook and entertain in my spare time. I do that now and I love it.

How do I fit in catching bad guys and loving up on abused, abandoned children, and helping women of color realize that beauty is best in it's natural state when it comes to their hair. I'm open for suggestions.

My purpose statement:

Is to Forgive, Reclaim and Restore

My core value:

Justice for all

I gathered this from a book I read called "The Path" Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life by Laurie Beth Jones

No comments: